The National Centre for Sustainable Development is the only non-governmental organization accredited by the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs with ECOSOC status, which is entitled to draft and implement in Romania local plans for socio-economic sustainable development under Local Agenda 21.
To that effect the NCSD provides:
- Consultancy for public administration to integrate the principles of sustainable development in local policies;
- Coordination and implementation of the conceptual framework for strategic planning;
- Preparation of the operational chapters of the final document, together with local expert teams;
- Monthly presence in the local community to coordinate the meetings and to offer technical assistance to the project;
- Information for the public authority staff on the socio-economic aspects of sustainable development;
- Training the public authority staff to write project proposals in order to access the EU Structural Funds and technical assistance for the submission of applications;
- Promotion of local projects and public-private partnerships;
- Editing the final version of the Local Plan for Sustainable Development.
• Implementation of Local Agenda 21 in Tulcea (RO)
• Implementation of Local Agenda 21 in Slatina (RO)
• Implementation of Local Agenda 21 in Ploiesti (RO)
• Implementation of Local Agenda 21 in Baia Mare (RO)
• Implementation of Local Agenda 21 in Rasnov (RO)
• Implementation of Local Agenda 21 in Vatra Dornei (RO)